Thursday, June 12, 2008

Gas Price Update

It's been a horrible, horrible week at work, and today was absolutely heinous; if I'd had to stop on the way home to get gas, I would be curled up in the corner of the house in the fetal position instead of typing a journal entry.  Today, gas in the 'Ville reached a record high of $4.15 a gallon.  Yet on my way home from work today, most of the gas pumps I passed were full.  I guess people were waiting it out, hoping that the prices wouldn't rise before they could fill up.  But like I've said before, we don't much choice -- either pay the price and get gas or don't. 

I never thought I would see gas at over at over four bucks a gallon, but after today, I think it's a matter of weeks before we see it at five bucks a gallon.  I can truly say it's impacted my life.  Before, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new CD or a book, or drive across town a few nights a week;  now I don't. And I don't run around to different stores or other places in the evenings; I stay home or ride my bike.  I even rode my bike up to the Dollar General Store the other night instead of driving the car up to Krogers to get something.  So other than driving my car downtown on Saturday nights to the Bats baseball games, there's not much more driving I can cut back. There's no easy or safe way I could ride my bike to work, so I'll just have to contine to drive everyday.  I'll just pay my bills, put gas in the car and hope that the gas prices will stabilize soon. 

No comments: