Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Rainy Days And Tuesdays . . .

Of course I realize unless you're in my generation and realize I was quasi-quoting a line from a song by the Carpenters, you won't get the irony. But I digress.

I just got back from an impromptu trip to Wal-Mart, aka my favorite 'hood store, to get a tube of glitter paint to add to some awesome Christmas decorations in our cubicle at work. Needless to say it was pouring, and as I was walking out of the store carrying my tiny bag holding one small tube of glitter glue, a woman in front of me pushing a cart full of baskets stopped just OUTSIDE of the door, in the full pouring rain, and hand to heaven, she looked up, as if to question, "Is it really raining?" I stood there for a second, shook my head in disbelief, and then trotted as fast as I could out to the Blazer in the pouring rain. I apologize if you don't get the irony that I got tonight. It was just bizarre.

No comments: