Friday, December 18, 2009

Flashback Friday


When I was little, Mom went to ceramic class. I went with her, too. One of the most awesome things she made at ceramics as this extremely cool Christmas tree. Actually, we made two of them - she made this green tree, and I made a very cool white tree with glitter snow.
I loved this tree. During my childhood and early teenage years, we would have the green tree setting on a table in front of the big living room window for all to see. When Grandma went to the nursing home in 1990, we took the green ceramic tree over for her to have in her room. The tree was lit up every year she was in the nursing home. I loved seeing the tree. When she died, we brought the tree and her other things home, and the year after, we gave the tree to Goodwill. Somehow, it just didn't seem right to have it lit up at home.
I still think of the tree, and all of the awesome memories I have surrounding it. And I can't help but wonder if people still go to ceramic classes today and make these cool trees.

No comments: