Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Can You Hear Me Now

After a long and frustrating night of downloading, installing, uninstalling and rebooting, I went to bed last night fit to be tied. I was able to finally get sound when I played a DVD on the desktop computer, but it sounded like the Chimpmunks.

I thought about this problem all day long, and vowed that it would not get the best of me. I was determined to figure it out by myself, without any help from the computer shop or anyone else. And I did. I simply uninstalled everything I installed last night, did a system restore and started over. I downloaded an updated version of Windows Media Player, and then downloaded DivX and put in my "Madea Goes To Jail" DVD and much to my surprise, I had sound, and the sounds were Tyler Perry's actual voice, not his voice on fast forward. I'm very proud of myself for fixing this. And now I'm going to reward myself by putting on my headphones and watching Madea while I ride the recumbent bike. Go, me.

No comments: