Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Flashback

I've got lots of Christmas memories this year, and unfortunately we only have four Flashback Friday opportunities before Christmas so I've decided to make this week an entire Christmas Flashback Week, just because I can.

Today's flashback involves something that I want. When I was little, some neighbors across the street had the cool plastic Christmas decorations - Santa, a few reindeer and a couple of carolers. I think they also had a couple of the big plastic candles. But the carolers were my favorite. They had Santa and the reindeer up on their roof and the carolers and candles in the front yard.

I always wanted one of the carolers to put on our front porch, but the 'Rents would never buy one. Grandma and Grandpa wouldn't peel for one, either. They never gave a reason why they wouldn't buy one - they would just say "When you're older you can buy one yourself if you still want one." Well, now that I'm big enough I can buy my own. But the only problem is they are nowhere to be found. I've checked Craigslist and Ebay, and but they are bit pricey. I'm sorry but no matter how much I want a caroler, I can't justify paying $300 for one. If any of you, faithful readers, know where I can get one of these for under $300, please let me know. I still want one.

No comments: