Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Good Time Was Had By All

I just got home from my company Christmas party, and I have to say that in my twenty years of employment there, this was the funnest Christmas party that I've attended. Sure I know that's not correct grammar, but deal with it. It was just for the adults - no kids or grandkids - and for once we were able to actually visit with our coworkers after the meal. A band played, and there was a big dance floor if you wanted to get jiggy with it. But the majority of the people were content to sit or mingle and just visit. We had a ball just visiting and watching people get up and dance.

Another highlight of the evening was the service awards. I waved to the crowd as they called my name to come up to the podium and accept my twenty year pin and certificate. I even turned and waved to the crowed, just as if I were accepting a Grammy award.

Like I said, this was without a doubt the most fun Christmas party that I've attended in my twenty years at the company. I have nothing against the parties when the employees' kids or grandkids are invited, but we work hard day in and day out, and to me, just us adults deserve some fun and recognition at the end of the year.

I was sorry my dear friend and long distance coworker Big Mama couldn't attend tonight, but we had enough fun for her.

1 comment:

Toots said...

I can just see you waving to the crowd as you accepted your honor!!! WTG!