Monday, December 7, 2009

**Cough, Cough**

I had dinner with an old friend tonight. It was awesome to see him again, and we've already made plans for our next evening out. But you can best believe I will not be dining, drinking, or socializing in any public establishment in Bullitt County ever again. For you see, Bullitt County does not have a smoking ban like we do here in the 'Ville.

I met my friend at a restaurant in Bullitt County because it is about the mid-point between our homes. For the faithful readers who don't live in the Louisville area, Bullitt County is jus tto ou south. But tonight it seemed like it was a few states away. For a few brief moments I was in my fantasy land and thought that you could go to any restaurant around here and not have to breathe cigarette smoke while you ate. Little did I know that when I got home tonight I would have to leave my coat on the back porch to air out because it wreaked after just being in the restaurant for an hour and a half. I took a long shower and scrubbed my hair and I still think I smell like smoke.

Our next date will be well within the Jefferson County limits, where I can breathe quasi-fresh air while I eat my dinner. And for the record, I would like to publicly thank the Louisville Metro Council for passing the no-smoking ordinance.

1 comment:

-- Roasted Bean said...

I'm betting its some sort of 'kitchen' restaurant? *wink* I just visited there about a week ago and GOOD GAWD it STUNK. And to make matters even worse, one of the "drink coffee - smoke cigs" zombies started flatulating! Didn't go to use the restroom, just continue to sit and carry on! ARGH! Did the staff say/do anything? Of course not. I told them on my exit that I would NEVER be back to such a immature & small minded restaurant as theirs.

Thankfully tho, there ARE restaurants in Shepherdsville that are smart enough to have non-smoking sections.. the ones that make up the majority of their restaurant, such as El Nopal. They will continue to get my business.

Hopefully one day soon Shepherdsville will wake up to current reality of 21st century 2010, and cease that of the early 1900s.