Monday, December 28, 2009

Could You Please Turn It Up?

This weekend, I got something cool for my computer and my recumbent bike - I got a long cord that turns my normal computer earphones into an extremely long set of earphones, so I can ride the recumbent bike and use the earphones to watch a DVD or TV show episodes online on my computer 8 feet away. As soon as I got home today, I changed clothes and went to the back bedroom to watch "Madea Goes To Jail" while I did my ride. Well, watching is all I could do because there was no sound. I thought it might be the DVD, so I put in another DVD and still no sound. Yet I can play CDs. WTF?

I called our family friend and resident computer guru, Bos, and after 20 minutes of head scratching and trying various things, he let out a hearty laugh and told me that I was the first person to present him with a computer problem that he couldn't solve. Wow - what an honor.
But I digress. He told me to call our local computer shop and talk to the owner, and said that the guy would probably know exactly what I should do and that it was probably something simple like a setting. So I'm calling the shop as soon as they open at 9:00 tomorrow morning and hopefully they'll be able to tell me what to do instead of me having to unplug everything and lug the computer to the shop. Cross your fingers for me, and I'll keep you posted.

No comments: