Thursday, December 11, 2008

New Product Review

Since I now like tomatoes, I'm always on the lookout for a good tomato soup. But I'm pretty picky when it comes to tomato soups - I don't like Campbell's nor Progresso because they taste too sweet. To me, I think that tomato soup should be basically a bowl of crushed tomatoes with tomato juice. When I saw that V8 has a line of new soups, I got all excited when I saw that V8 has a Tomato Herb soup. I couldn't wait to try it. I thought for sure it would taste pretty much like warmed up V8 juice, except with chunks of tomatoes. Boy was I wrong. It was nothing like V8 juice, nor did it have chunks of tomatoes. It only took one spoon full to find out that the V8 Tomato Herb soup was just like the other tomato soups I've tried -- sweet and with teeny tiny pieces of tomato.

Ordinarily I try not to salt my food, but I had to use salt and a bunch of pepper today to get this soup down. And I could only make it through about half of it before I poured the rest in the garbage. It just didn't taste like I think tomato soup should taste. As much as I love V8 juice, it hurts me to announce that TWIT does not give V8 Tomato Herb soup the Seal of Approval.

Note to faithful readers: if you try a tomato soup that is not creamy, not sweet, and has big chunks of tomatoes in it, please let me know the brand name so I can try some. Or better yet, if you have a recipe for good Puddin-approved tomato soup, please send it to me.

No comments: