Saturday, December 20, 2008

Lines In Christmas Songs That Make No Sense

Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
"Scary ghost stories" - this just makes me say WTF? As far as I know, there are no scary ghost stories about Christmas. Are they talking about something Biblical, or are they possibly referring to Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol" when Scrooge is visited by the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future?

Little Saint Nick by the Beach Boys
"He's the little Saint Nick" - what exactly is a "little Saint Nick"?
"Christmas comes this time each year" - all I can say about this line is duh.

Do They Know It's Christmas
"There won't be snow in Africa this Christmas time" - once again, all I can say is duh.

Winter Wonderland
"Later on we'll conspire" - what are they conspiring about? Committing some heinous crime?

I'll Be Home For Christmas
"Presents on the tree" - I don't know about you, but in my 45 years of celebrating Christmas, I've never once seen a present on our Christmas tree.

No Place Like Home For The Holidays
"The traffic is terrific" - all I can say about this is WTF?

Do You Hear What I Hear
"A child shivers in the cold; let us bring him silver and gold" - A kid is shivering in the cold; don't you think a coat or a blanket would be a more appropriate present then silver or gold?

Oh Tennenbaum
What in the world is a tannenbaum?


1 comment:

Lynne said...

My ex put a locket in the tree for our DD#1. So definitely I've seen a bit of bling bling in the tree, LOL.