Saturday, December 9, 2006

There's Nothing Worse Than Tainted Scallions

Unfortunately, this week brought us news of yet another E. coli outbreak.  This latest outbreak affects me alot more than the E. coli spinach outbreak a few months ago; this outbreak has been traced green onions at Taco Bell.  So far, there are 62 confirmed cases of E. coli, with the majority in New York, New Jersey, Deleware and Pennsylvaina.  But as a precaution Taco Bell has removed green onions from all of their 5,800 restaurants across the country. The CDC expects the outbreak to spread, as South Carolina and Utah have each reported one case.

As I said, this affects me alot more than the spinach outbreak from a few months ago because I love Taco Bell and I hate spinach.  If my memory is correct, the only items from Taco Bell that has green onions are two of my favorite items on their menu - Nachos Bell Grande and their Mexican Pizza.  I took it pretty hard when Taco Bell stopped putting black olives on the Mexican Pizza a few years ag; it made it pretty bland.  But now it won't even have green onions on it - they might as well just pull it from the menu.

No comments: