Friday, December 8, 2006

I'm Officially A Loser

I'm sad to report that my participation in our company fantasy football league is now over.  I'm still a loser; my season ended this past Monday night with a 3-10 record.  On a positive note, I finally gained momentum, albeit a little too late, and won 3 out of my last 4 games.  I owe my three wins to the talents of quarterbacks Vince Young and Steve McNair.  If it hadn't been for them, I probably would have an 0-13 record.  There is a slight bit of consolation - I wasn't exactly in last place; there was a three-way tie for last. 

I looked back at all of the 13 weeks' scores, and I saw an interesting pattern that had developed in my 10 losses: either I got beat by 120 points or it was a squeaker loss of a few points.  There was no middle ground - it was either all or nothing.  I guess that's how it goes in football.  But I'm not bitter about being a loser.  It's always fun and I'm happy to be the only chick in our fantasy football league.  I wish our league's Elite Eight good luck in the playoffs.  Just remember - you won't have The TWITs to push around.

No comments: