Friday, December 1, 2006

December Came In Like A Lion

For those of you faithful readers that don't live in or around The 'Ville, let me give you a quick synopsis of our weather this past week: low 70's and sunny.  It was typical April or May weather instead of the end of November. I know that I've talked alot about the weather in TWIT lately, but it just amazes me and compels me to write about it.  Wednesday, we had a record high of 73 degrees, then the massive cold front moved through last night.  And boy did it move through.  The 'rents and were awake at 3:00 to the sound of 40+ mile per hour winds and rain hitting the house.  The storm came from the west, and unfortunately for me, my bedroom faces the west.  From 3:00 on it sounded like a freight train was going to come through the wall at any minute.  We all three got up as soon as the winds started and turned on the TV to see if we were under a tornado warning or anything.  Much to our surprise, the weatherazzi must have taken the night off because all we saw were infomercials. 

It was still dark so we couldn't see anything outside, but we were sure that all of the outside Christmas decorations and lights would end up out in Oldham Country by the time the storm moved through.  We're surprised and happy to report that we didn't lose one thing - not even one ornament from my tree on the back porch was out of place.  The good Lord was watching over The Compound once again.

As I mentioned, the cold front moved through and brought with it frigid temperatures.  It was the same front that dumped almost a foot of snow from Washington to Illinois.  We were sure lucky.  I guess The Old Man will have to wait a bit longer to use his snow blower.

No comments: