Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Company Christmas Party Review

My company had our annual Christmas party this past Saturday night.  For some, they might think it was politically incorrect, given the fact that we have a Jewish co-worker, but the party is still called a "Christmas Party" instead of "Holiday Party" nonetheless.  Our Jewish co-worker doesn't mind.  In fact, he's been to every company Chirstmas party while he's been there. 

This year, the party was held at Churchill Downs.  No, we didn't get to bet on any horse races, but I ended up having a pretty good time any way.  To be honest, I really didn't want to go but Mom guilted me into going.  I'm glad I did.  The company Christmas party is the only time of the year I get to see my dear friend and one of my most faithful readers, Big Mama. She won't mind me giving a little background info about her.  She works for a subsidiary of ours up in Boonville, IN.  For those of you in the 'Ville and southern Indiana, you'll remember that Boonville was the site of the second David Camm triple murder trial this year.  Other than at the Christmas party, I don't get to see my friend Big Mama unless she makes a trip here on business or vice versa.  And for the record, her moniker isn't really "Big Mama" - it's actually "BLG Mama," but sometimes when she posts comments in TWIT, BLG looks like BIG so she doesn't mind me calling her that.  She's a great lady, and it might be a good thing that she lives two hours away; with our sense of humor and all, I have a feeling we'd be getting into some trouble.  Anyhoo, here's a picture of Big Mama and yours truly, taken at the big holiday bash Saturday night.  Incidentally, I've had a few requests for a picture of me with my new holiday hairdo, so here it is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DAMN Carla that camera lies.....I know we was looking lots hotter than that, you with you new do! and all must have been the camera guy.....lol.   You're right if I lived in Louisville you'ld have me in trouble all the time...........Mercy.   (and you'ld probably be an ORBISON fan too)

Anonymous said...

Yes, honey - we were MUCH hotter than the camera is showing.  And if you lived in the 'Ville, I know you'd be a Tammy fan, too.  

Anonymous said...

Puddin and Big Mama, you gals look just great to me.  Nice to finally put a face with the name.  You'll have to come party with us sometime when you are in town.  MERCY.