Friday, December 22, 2006

File Under: WTF?

Last night was a rare night that I was home and had nothing planned after work.  After a couple of hours of getting caught up on "All My Children" episodes, I was bored, so I went up the street to our new Rite-Aid super drugstore to pick up a few last minute Christmas things.  I did my shopping and left the store at about 8:30.  Please note the time that I left the store; it will be crucial later in the story.  Also note that the store is about a mile up the street from The Compound. 

I got home and changed into my pajamas and got the laptop and took it into the family room and watched a rerun of "Rudolph" with the 'rents while I checked on some things online.  By now it was about 9:00.  I decided to check on my checking account, just to make sure there was no suspiscious activity after the eBay identity theft drama from a few days ago.  Imagine my surprise when I saw that my debit card purchase at Rite-Aid had already been deducted from my checking account.  It didn't bounce or anything like that - it was just amazing to me that the purchase was taken out of my checking account a half hour after I used the debit card.  I wonder if this is going to be common place in the future?  I've had debit card charges taken out the next day before but never a half hour after I made the purchase.  All I could think of was WTF?

No comments: