Thursday, September 7, 2006

Update Thursday

There's a lot going on right now with Fourth Ave., the VFW and work, so I'd like to share some info with you, my faithful readers.

TWIT would like to wish a very speedy recovery to my dear friend Dr. J.  He had a stroke last weekend, and in doing tests at the hospital, they found out he was diabetic.  From the reports I've heard, there doesn't seem to be any damage from the stroke, thank the Lord.  At least they found out now he's diabetic so he can get regulated on insulin and other meds and hopefully get it under control.  I love ya, Dr. J, and know you'll be back on your feet again soon.  You just couldn't stand for Polly to get all of the attention this past winter and spring when she had her heart surgery so you just had to pull a stunt like this, didn't you?  I know Polly and PJ and everyone else is taking good care of you. 

TWIT would also like to say get well soon to L, Diva Stacy's daughter and a Diva-in-training in her own right.  She's had a rough week fighting a bug, and found out tonight that she has strep.  Ouch.  Get well soon, L.  Your birthday is coming up and you need to be 100% to celebrate.

I'd like to give you, my faithful readers, an update on the situation at Fourth Avenue Baptist.  I haven't mentioned this before but here goes: due to a declining congregation, our church has voted to merge with Walnut Street Baptist, just a few blocks away from Fourth Ave. down in the hood.  And Louisville Church of Christ has expressed their interest in buying the church building.  We should be hearing from them any day now with their offer.  This hasn't been an easy thing to digest - closing a church, no matter what the circumstances, is a very difficult thing to do.  But things have all fallen into place, and we're going on faith that everything will work out for us and for Louisville Church of Christ.  I'll keep you posted.

The Thursday night bingos are back in full swing at the VFW.  And even though this was Full Moon Thursday, there wasn't too much drama tonight, thank goodness. I'd like to give a special shout out to my good friend L and C, who have been running the kitchen during bingo and other VFW events.  Let me say for the record, they can cook up a mean batch of fried pickles. 

No comments: