Wednesday, September 27, 2006

There's Still Good Samaritans

Veteran soap star Susan Lucci and her husband, Helmut Huber, found themselves stranded along New York Route 104 when their Mercedes stalled in flood waters during a storm in the Hamptons Thursday night.

Several drivers sped past the couple's car, swamped in three feet of water, but not Uncle Jack's Steakhouse owner William Jack Degel.. "I drove up to the car really, really slowly and I pulled up next to the gentleman and they both looked frightened," he told the New York Daily News. "Their electrical system didn't work. I said, 'Let me get your wife out first,' and I jumped into the water. I went around and she climbed out the window and I threw her over my shoulder."

"She was a sweetheart and he was a gentleman," Degel added. "He said to me, 'Not too many people can say they picked up Susan Lucci.'"

No comments: