Saturday, September 30, 2006

Happy Heart Walk Day

What a great day this has been. First of all, it's the start of a wonderful four-day weekend - I'm off on Monday and Tuesday for some well needed rest and relaxation.  Needless to say, I'm very excited about that.  My four-day weekend is all planned out, though. Tomorrow will be the normal Sunday activities: church, lunch, and then spend the afternoon at Diva Stacy's.  Monday,  Diva Stacy and I have planned to spend the whole day eating, drinking, and being merry.  Actually, we plan on eating and watching a few DVDs and hanging out on her overstuffed couch.  Lucky her - she's off for two entire weeks on vacation.  Even though I'm envious, I'm very happy for her to be off for two entire weeks from work.  She deserves it.  Then Tuesday, the 'Rents and I plan on hanging out together and going to out to dinner.

The second greatest thing about this day is  I made it through the march through downtown Louisville and across the Second Street bridge.  It wasn't really a march - it was the American Heart Association Heart Walk.  We started at Slugger Field and walked about a mile down Main Street to the Second Street bridge and then we walked across the bridge to the Indiana side and then back again.  We had a picture perfect morning for the walk - last night's rain had moved out, and the sky was blue and sunny.  Other than being a little bit windy, the weather was perfect.  Mom decided she wanted to participate, so she walked with our team from work.  All in all, we had a total of fourteen made up of co-workers and a few of our family members.  I'm not sure of the exact amount, but I think our team raised about $2,000.

Last but not least, the third greatest thing about today is that I filled up the BMW at a local BP station for $40.  Actually it was $40.24 to be exact.  It's been over two years since I was able to fill up the BMW for two Hamiltons.  Yep, what a great day this has been.

No comments: