Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Am I A Hypocrite?

I'm worried, faithful readers.  I type this tonight with a heavy heart and a worried mind.  I'm afraid I'm being a hypocrite.  For you see, tonight I went shopping for a pair of shoes like the teenagers are wearing.  And I just finished downloading the extremely cool new song "Ain't No Other Man" by Christina Aguilara to my iPod.  Am I guilty of the same thing I so adamently preached about the other day when I was dissing the older women for wearing young teenage girl clothes?  If I get these shoes, is someone out there in blogdom going to be writing in their journal about seeing me out somewhere wearing teenager shoes?

I've wanted this pair of shoes for a few months, ever since I first saw them in a magazine ad.  They're very cool, and they look comfortable. I've been looking for them in stores around town that carry Skechers but can never seem to find my size and width.  I found them at Zappos.com, one of the best places to buy shoes (who happens to have their warehouse and corporate headquarters just minutes from Louisville). I want to order them, but I'm leery of getting them because I don't want it to seem like I'm wearing teenager shoes. 

I'd like your opinion, faithful readers.  Are these shoes too young-looking for a 43-year old woman to wear, or are they badass?  Let me know.  The fate rests in your hands.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nah, I don't think you're being hypocritical. After all, there is a WORLD of difference between hip-huggers and baby t's. The shoes rock. Go for it!

~Lachlan

Anonymous said...

These shoes will not show your midriff or any unsightly, wrinkled back fat.  I like em.