Thursday, September 28, 2006

File Under: WTF?

As if the Glade advertising blitz and the farting teddy bear wasn't bad enough in the coupon section of the sale papers, I saw something else in this Sunday's coupon section that took the prize.  On the second page of the coupon section was a half-page ad and a one dollar coupon for Play "intimacy care" products.  Yes faithful readers, a coupon for a new line of products brought to us by the good folks that make Durex condoms.  Here's what the ad said, and I quote:  "Introducing Play intimacy care products. Lubricants and more, all designed with romance in  mind by Durex, the world's #1 condom brand.  Now available everywhere." The ad even had a website you could visit for "playtime inspiration."  Sorry, faithful readers - that is one website what will not be in TWIT's Link of the Week.

I don't know what I can say about this - it sure took me by surprise.  I had no idea that a company would advertise products like this in the Sunday sale papers, much less give a dollar coupon.  I guess I'm not as worldly as I thought I was - I thought most of this stuff was found in gas station or bar bathrooms along with the bathroom Polo.  Boy was I wrong.  I'm not that naive - there is evidently a market for this product, or else they wouldn't be selling it.  But I would have never thought they would advertise it in the Sunday sale papers.

No comments: