Monday, September 25, 2006

File Under: WTF?

I don't think I've mentioned this before in TWIT, but I love the Sunday sale papers.  I especially love the coupon sections in the sale papers.  Every Sunday afternoon, I get my scissors and my coupon holder and go through the sale paper coupons.  Coupons for soup, salad dressing and cleaning products are in there usually every week.  There's quite a variety in the coupons.  In last week's sale papers, I saw something that was a bit out of the ordinary by coupon standards.  One half of an entire section of coupons was all Glade air freshener products.  I kid you not - there was a coupon or two for every Glade product that S C Johnson makes.  Page after page, there were coupons for aerosol sprays, candles, oil and gel plug-ins, carpet freshener, a time-release freshener, and even car air fresheners.   I could see having coupons for one or two different Glade products, but was it really necessary for S C Johnson to put a coupon in the sale papers for every single Glade product?  Are they trying to tell us something?  Are they trying to say that our homes and our cars stink?  It sure looks like that way to me. 

On a related note, I saw something interesting in yesterday's sale papers.  There in one of the coupon sections was an ad for a farting teddy bear.  Yes, you heard me right - a farting teddy bear.  Maybe they should have had that in last week's sale papers with the Glade air freshener coupons. 

No comments: