Friday, September 22, 2006

Can We Believe The Weatherazzi?

It's shaping up to be a busy weekend for the weatherazzi, but I just don't know whether I can believe them.  Earlier this week, the weather man on "Good Morning, America" was talking about a humongous storm that was building and would be "one for the record books."  I didn't think too much about it, since they really dissed me on Monday on GMA. 

Monday morning as I was getting ready for work, I was listening to "Good Morning, America" like I do every morning.  Diane Sawyer was talking with an alleged stock market expert who said that on Monday, the Dow would increase more than it had in years.  When trading ended Monday afternoon, the Dow was down sixteen points.  Yeah, that's a record-breaking increase all right.  So then this morning, their weather guy was talking about this huge storm that was also going to be a record-breaker.  Automatically, I shut down and wasn't going to believe him.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  From the looks of the weather maps tonight and from the sounds of the weatherazzi breaking into the TV shows with weather watches and warnings, it looks like they might be right after all. 

We were talking about this at work this morning, and throughout the day, we would check the satellite radar for the United States.  I swear in court it looked like the weather map they showed in the movie "The Day After."  There was a huge swirl that covered about two-thirds of the country.  One co-worker said that during lunch, he heard a radio newsperson say that if this storm was out over the ocean instead of over America, it would be a Category 2 hurricane.  I believe him.  You can still see the big swirl, and even see the eye.  It's kinda freaky.  So I think maybe I believe the news people on this one.

Batten down the hatches, mates - it looks like it's going to be a bumpy ride this weekend.  Be safe and stay dry.

No comments: