Monday, April 3, 2006

You Go, Vera

My friend and faithful reader SDF brought this obituary to my attention.  Please don't think I'm being disrespectful to the dead, but this has to be the funniest obituary I've read.  Please note that I copied and pasted this directly from the newspaper's website - I did not make this up, even though I'd love to take credit for it.

NUCKOLS, VERA, repeating age 29 many times over, died Friday, March 31, 2006. She raised her sons, Mike, Pat, Scott, and John, and she now wants to be buried upside down so every man can kiss her.... Her memorial service will be at 2 p.m. Sunday April 2nd at The Funeral Chapel at Cave Hill Cemetery. Those wishing to attend should meet at 1:45 p.m. at the Grinstead Drive entrance.  In lieu of flowers, please make contributions to benefit the living.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You Go Vera!........she had a sense of humor, didn't she?
Mercy
~Mama (Blg)