Thursday, April 20, 2006

Another Spring Day In The Ohio Valley

I sure hope that my good mood from last night will carryover today.  I think I slept a total of 27 minutes last night.  Once again, it was a bit warm so I had my bedroom windows open.  A big mistake.  Every mockingbird in Jefferson county had congregated outside my windows and must have had a chirping contest.  I finally gave up at 3:00 and got up and closed the windows, and was able to get a little peace and quiet.  But I have to warn everyone that I'm sure to be a bit cranky today.  Even though I'm still feeling great after my visit to the nursing home, I have a feeling that my loss of sleep will have some affect on me today. 

After reading the welcome page on AOL this morning, I'm having second thoughts about putting the all of the blame on the birds chirping for my lack of sleep.  The headlines on the page said something about this being the worst allergy season in years, especially mid-April to the end of May.  Lovely.  Not only will I not be able to sleep because the birds are keeping me awake, my head and nose will be all stopped up.  At this point, I'm hoping for hotter weather so the house will become so unbearable that the 'rents will be forced to Flip The Switch - that way I can get some sleep. 

No comments: