Saturday, April 22, 2006

Happy Thunder Day

In case you didn't know, today is an official Puddin holiday - it's Thunder Over Louisville, and since it's an official Puddin holiday, I"m taking the day off.  To some, this will seem sacreligious, but I look forward to Thunder Over Louisville more than I do the actual Kentucky Derby itself.  Yep, it's just that much fun. If you remember back to my post about last year's Thunder, it was a cold day with sleet and some snow, and I ended up staying home because the weather is crappy.  Not this year.  As I type this, the skies are blue and the birds are chirping (but in a good way) and forecast for today is sunny and 70 - perfect Thunder weather, with no actual thunder in the forecast.

My friends from school and I have been planning this event for weeks, and I'm bound and determined to make it downtown for Thunder this year.  We're still a bit unsure where we'll park, but we're planning on getting downtown at around 9:30 to get a good parking spot close to Slugger Field so we can set up headquarters and tailgate before and after the Bats game this afternoon.  I'll have my trusty notebook and pen with me, and I plan on taking extensive notes about any mullet sightings and about any intersting lists for TWIT and I will report back to you when I return from the big event. 

No comments: