Saturday, April 1, 2006

A Sucky Saturday

It's not often that I get like this, thank goodness, but it's been a sucky Saturday.  Even though it's sunny and in the low 70's, it's been a sucky Saturday for me.  I started feeling a mood coming on yesterday and by this morning, the mood was full blown.  I stayed back in my bedroom all day long.  I'll get over it in a few days, so there's no need to worry, but in the meanwhile I'll be a bear to live with. 

My annual fall depression didn't happen this past fall, so I think it's happening now.  It's not really a depression, but just a time to feel bummed.  I've spent most of the day today analyzing and thinking about things, and I'm still bummed out.  Friends and family usually freak out when I'm in one of my bummed moods, since I'm usually in a happy mood most of the time. So they really don't know how to deal with me when I'm bummed.  I tell them they're better off just leaving me alone. 

To be brutally honest with you, my faithful readers, I'm bummed because I'm comparing myself to friends and family and where they are in their lives. I know I shouldn't do that, but I am.  A friend emailed this morning and told me that he and his significant other would be out of town next week on a spur-of-the-moment trip down to Pensacola.  Like I really wanted to hear that.  Then I heard from another friend who showed me pictures of the new 2007 Mustang convertible that he just bought.  I'm not envious nor jealous of him buying that, and if I traded in my Blazer and BMW I, too, could have a new convertible Mustang, but it just bummed me out. I hope this didn't make you all as bummed out as I am right now, faithful readers.  As I said earlier, I'll snap out of it in a few days and I'll be back to my normal happy self.  In the meanwhile, you'll just have to deal with me. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way a few years back when I was living in a 2 bedroom, 1 bath "starter home" and all my friends from Bunco lived in show places.  Well, I finally got my trophy house and a whopping, big ass house payment to go along with it.  

Americans are deeper in debt than we've ever been.  Bankruptcies are at an all time high.  The pressure to keep up with the Jones' is greater than ever before.  Maybe it would be different if we could actually "afford" all the things we buy, but cool stuff isn't as prestegious when you're up to your eyeballs in debt.

You've done pretty damn well for yourself, Puddin'.  I'll bet there's a lot of people out there who are envious of you!  I know often times I am.