Saturday, April 29, 2006

A Sad Day in L-ville When Puddin Struck Out

The weekend sure hasn't started out very good, faithful readers.  I was dog tired yesterday, and when I got home from work all I wanted to do was take a nap. I was gone every night for the past week and a half and it was catching up with me.  But there was no time for napping - I had our tickets from work for the Bats ballgame and didn't have time to rest.  I did manage to sit down on the couch for 20 minutes to catch my breath before heading downtown.  I drove around Slugger Field instead of going to the season ticket holder parking lot, and hit the jackpot when I found a parking spot on the street.  I was already $4 to the good. 

My good fortune was short-lived, though.  We walked around the inside of the stadium before going to our seats and along the way bought a fried bologna sandwich, my favorite food at Slugger Field.  I opened up the wrapper and couldn't believe my eyes.  They toasted/fried the bread along with the bologna.  It was sacreligious.   Everyone knows that fried Fischer bologna is supposed to be served on fresh white bread, preferably the thin sandwich loaf bread. We ate them any way, but made a note never to visit that concession stand again.  Strike one.  A couple of innings into the game, I got my second favorite food at the ball park, nachos with peppers.  After eating 4 bites of them, the tray slipped from my lap and before I knew it there was a pile of cheese, tortilla chips and jalapeno peppers by my feet on the ground.  Strike two.  The Bats were getting beat again, so we left a bit early to head home.  As we got to the car and I was taking off my jacket before driving off, I noticed that my new favorite sunglasses (my infamous Bono glasses) weren't in my jacket pocket where I put them earlier in the evening.  It's not like they are the real type of glasses that Bono wears that will set you back a C-note or more; I bought these for $10 at one of the shops at the Glory Of Rome back in the spring.  But they had sentimental value and they were cool, and I was pissed off because I lost them.  Strike three.  Puddin struck out. 

No comments: