Monday, March 21, 2005

Tales of the Bizarre

My family and I joke about going to Value City.  Dad says he won't go there during the first week of the month, when all of the checks arrive.  (He's a very smart man.  I need to listen to him more often.)  We make other crude comments about the store and its clientele, which I won't print in TWIT, but yet we still shop there.  Hey - they have great deals.  With us being nowhere close to the first of the month, Mom and I thought we'd be safe to go there yesterday afternoon.  It was packed.  Everybody was out buying their Easter outfits, but we were there to shop for pillows.  While we were shopping, we witnessed one of the most bizarre things that we'd ever seen on a shopping trip: we saw three different men wearing a black patch over an eye.  It's odd to see one man wearing a black eye patch, and even odder to see two in the same store, but to see three at the same store, all within an hour is down right bizarre.  It would have been even freakier if they'd been together. 

I saw yet another bizarre thing this weekend.  Saturday morning, as I was pulling out of the post office parking lot, I saw the same woman mentioned in TWT in January.  Here's a link to the post if you need to refresh your memory -- http://journals.aol.com/puddinprp/ThatsWhatImThinking/entries/1608.  Just like in the January post, the woman was all bundled up with her hooded coat and gloves.  She was also carrying the same red Teletubby doll like before. 

No comments: