Sunday, March 6, 2005

Link Of The Week

I love to fly.  Personally, if it takes over 3 hours to drive somewhere, I'd just as soon fly there.  I like flying because I think it's fun.  Yes, it's a pain having to get thereso early to check in post 9/11, but once you get past that, I think the rest is a blast. 

The coolest part of a flight is the food and beverage service.  With extra security measures and cut backs, you flight has to be longer than 2 or 3 hours to get a major meal.  Any flight shorter, and you'll just get peanuts, pretzels or cheese crackers.  Airplane food is just fun.  The first time I flew was on our trip to Hawaii in 1985.  On the flight from Chicago to Honolulu, we were served two full meals PLUS snacks!  When the flight attendant came by and asked us "Beef, chicken or fish?", Mom and I practically high-fived. We knew they would feed us, but we had no idea we would get choices.

I found a website that is dedicated to airplane meals.  In fact, the site is made up of pictures people have taken of their airplane meals.  Take a look at www.airlinemeals.net and see if any of the meals look familiar.  I've never heard of most of the airlines mentioned, but this is a funny site to check out.   Aloha.

No comments: