Tuesday, March 8, 2005

Name The Compound Visitor Contest Winner

After pouring over the names sent in by you, my faithful readers, I'd narrowed the suggestions down to two:  "Grady" and "Scrat".  I like "Grady" because of the character Grady from "Sanford and Son."  I like "Scrat" because it's different.  Instead of flipping a coin to decide on what name to choose, I decided to let the unnamed dog pick his new name.  I found the dog next door, and started the experiment.  I called out "Grady" four times and the dog didn't even look at me.  I called out "Scrat" one time and the dog's ears perked up and he walked right over to me.

So, faithful readers, I'd like to introduce you to Scrat, our neighborhood stray dog.  The more I looked at  him, the more I thought how the name fits him.  He appears to be part Husky and part something else; he looks like a "Scrat".  Many to thanks to faithful reader BioTat for the winning name.

No comments: