Thursday, October 1, 2009

Illness Update

Well, it's been officially two weeks now since I came down with a cold/upper respiratory crap, and for the record I'm sick of being sick. I feel a hell of a lot better than I did just the first part of the week, many thanks to the Z-pack antibiotics, but I still have a cough and I still am very tired in the evenings. In fact, I've had a nap every evening this week, and I haven't been able to do any bike riding. But my cough is better, and at least I've been able to make it to work every day this week.

Not riding my bike is taking more of an emotional toll on me than physical, I think. It's been two weeks since I've felt like riding. In addition to still feeling a bit sick, I just feel bummed this week - borderline depressed, even. I actually have missed riding every night, and for my sake, I'm glad that I do miss it. I'm sure I'll be stronger and less tired next week and will be back in the saddle again.

No comments: