Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Birthday Lights?

I just got back from running up to the corner to get my Powerball tickets for tonight's $170 million jackpot (somebody's got to win - it might as well be me) and I spotted an interesting sight on my way back down the street. On a side street, I noticed that someone had lights up on their house. Yes, lights. Lights as in Christmas lights. they were all around the roof, carport, and railings on the house. I couldn't tell much about the colors, but I did notice white lights. There were cars behind me so I couldn't slow down to get a closer look, and I guess I wasn't all that interested or else I would have turned around and drove back by the house to get a closer look. I told Mom that maybe they were Halloween lights, and she suggested that maybe they were birthday lights. Birthday lights. I like that idea. I told her that next September, I was going to put up lights on the house in honor of her birthday. But then I thought "Why wait till next year?" Her birthday was just last week. If I have some energy tomorrow night after work, I think I just might put up some of our lights on the front of the house in honor of Mom's birthday a week late. I can't think of a better way to celebrate.

No comments: