Thursday, September 3, 2009

I Need Longer Arms

For the past week or two while I've been laying on my bed reading my chapters for school, I've noticed that it was getting a bit hard to focus. I blamed it on my eyes just being tired after a long day at work. Yeah right. I noticed when I scooted the book farther away from me, it became easier to read. (I believe you know the direction this is going). When I had my eyes checked a couple of months ago, my eye doctor changed my prescription to what she called "almost bifocals". We laughed about it, and then she said that if I noticed a change, I might want to go to the drugstore and buy a pair of the reader glasses to wear over my contacts for when I read. I laughed again and told her I wouldn't need that. Well, as of now, I do need that. She also said that I could notice a change literally overnight. She was right. When I got my new contact lens, I didn't notice that big of a change in the prescription. And when I wore my glasses, I noticed I could read easier. So now I guess I can just take my contacts out and wear my glasses when I read, which is every day, or I can go buy a pair of the $7.99 reader glasses at the drugstore. I swore I'd never do that but it looks I'm going to have to eat my words. Either that or get longer arms.

2 comments:

Blgmama said...

At least you can still read with your arms out, some of us can't LOL

Toots said...

I've got them in every room of the house. Some I like better than others.