Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wow Was All She Could Say

While I was riding my bike tonight, I passed by our 'hood adult beverage establishment, and I saw a friend's car in the parking lot so I stopped in for a minute and had a bottle of water and chatted with my friend. While I was there I was chatting with the bartender and she invited me to come back in a week for a fundraiser they were having. One of the other bartenders had some pregnancy complications and went into premature labor and delivered a one pound six ounce baby girl, and as with a lot of people, the parents are having trouble paying bills and dealing with insurance. As you can imagine, there are more complications with the baby than I could even begin to write about here. But while I was there, the baby's grandmother stopped in to leave some signs for the fundraiser, and she was shedding tears of joy because baby Kayetlin had gained an ounce this week. I told them that I would help all I could with the fundraiser - all they had to do was tell me what they needed and I would do all I could. I rode back home in silence - no dance music blaring from my iPod - as I thought about this baby and her family. Somehow it made my big dilemna of the week seem like nothing.

1 comment:

Toots said...

My big bruiser of a great nephew came in to the world at just about that weight two years ago this month.

I hope and pray the baby will be able to fight and grow....fight and grow!