Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Letter To Medicare

Dear Medicare:

I'd like to ask if there was any way in hell that you all could have made the entire Medicare approved prescription plans any harder to figure out then they already are? In case you care, I spent an hour tonight either on the phone or online trying to figure out what my mother's co-payment was so I could write the amount on her a form so could order a new prescription medication. Add to my frustration the fact that I even had to enlist the aid of two friends, who spent about a half hour on their computers trying to help me find the answer. Believe me, Medicare - if my mother received any narcotics and/or sedatives in her Medicare approved prescription plan I would have been tempted to steal a couple tonight after that ordeal.

You and all of the prescription plan companies should be ashamed for the way you've made the whole process so freakin' difficult. I'm just very thankful that my parents have me to help them try to figure it all out; it almost brings me to tears to think of the millions of elderly people in our country that have noone to help them sort through all of the mess and find the answers to their questions. I see now why some of the elderly don't even get their medication; it's too damned hard.

In closing, I wish no ill toward you, Medicare, nor your prescription plan counterparts. I only wish that just once you will know our pain and have to go through the same frustrations as my parents and I have in trying to figure it all out. Maybe then you'll make some changes and make the whole plan and process easier.

Yours truly,
Puddin

No comments: