Friday, October 16, 2009

Flashback Friday


The major league baseball playoffs are going on right now, and as I type this, the New York Yankees are playing against the Los Angeles Angels for the American League Championship Series spot in the World Series. My Mom is a big Yankees fan, and is probably the biggest Derek Jeter fan that there is. But my family's love of the Yankees goes back farther than my Mom's loyalty to Jeter; my Grandma was the world's biggest Reggie Jackson fan.
She loved watching Reggie Jackson and the Yankees play baseball on TV. To her, autumn meant one thing -- the playoffs and then the World Series. She didn't mind at all when the soap operas were preempted by the playoff games; she was happy to get to watch her beloved Reggie Jackson and the rest of the Yankees.
We never figured out why she loved the Yankees and Reggie so much, even though the rest of the family were Cincinnati Reds fans. She just loved them and was thrilled to watch them on TV.

No comments: