Friday, October 2, 2009

Flashback Friday

Today was a Payday Friday for us at work, and I couldn't help but think back to the Fridays when as a kid I would get my allowance. At first, I got a dollar a week. And then as I got older, it increased to five bucks a week. But I only got to actually spend or keep four out of the five -- I got five bucks a week with the stipulation that I would put one dollar in my savings account at Citizens Fidelity Bank each week. Every Friday evening, I would go with Mom and Dad to Citizens Fidelity Bank, and while they would cash their paychecks and take care of their banking business, I would hand the teller my little savings passbook along with my dollar and she would record the transaction in my little book. And I would have the satisfaction of knowing I was saving. If only saving was that easy today.

No comments: