Thursday, October 15, 2009

One Of The Best Days Of The Year

I'm jumping right into this post without background or anything. This has been one of the best days of the year because a dear friend I'd lost touch with called me tonight. We hadn't spoken in about ten years. Nothing happened bad - we just both had things that we needed to do and figure out, and just lost touch. We still thought about each other constantly, though, which is the awesome thing.

A few years ago I called his phone number only to find it was now someone else's number. I asked around and searched and searched online but couldn't find my friend. Until tonight. Through the awesomeness of Facebook, my old friend from high school and I found each other. I sent a message to him and he called me back within a few minutes. We talked as if it hadn't been ten years since the last time we'd spoken.

I've often heard people say that true friends have the ability to pick up where they left off, no matter how much time has lapsed. And tonight I found that to be true. Of course a lot of major things have happened to us both in the past ten years, but we both vowed that from this day forward we would keep in touch. And I know we will.

No comments: