Saturday, October 24, 2009

Saturday Observations

I ran up to our local Staples big box store this afternoon to pick up a few things I needed, and while I was at the shopping center, I walked over to the "Everything's A Deal" store, just to see if they had any bargains that I couldn't pass by. Of course I walked out of there, having peeled over twenty bucks, but I digress. While I was in line at the Deals store, my attention was on the girl that was in front of me. She appeared to be in her early 20's. She only had two items when she checked out --- a home pregnancy test and a pack of chewing gum.

For the few minutes I was standing in line I couldn't help but think about what that girl must have been thinking. Like I said, she appeared to be in her early 20's, and I was assuming that the pregnancy test was for her. I'm 46 and cannot begin to imagine what that young girl must have been thinking if the test was in deed for her. If it was for her, when she got home and peed on that stick, in the span of just a minute or two her life would totally be changing. Either she would be relieved or would be burdened with the fact that she was going to have a baby.

No comments: