Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New Product Review


I saw an ad in a magazine a few months ago for a new style of Skechers tennis shoes, and once I read the ad I knew I had to have the shoes. They aren't just any shoes - they're "Shape-Ups." They look clunky and clumsy but they're not. They're designed to help tone your feet and legs when you walk. To quote the Skechers website,
"Shape-Ups are designed to help you tone your muscles – from your back and abdomen to your buttocks and calves. Shape-Ups will help you lose weight and improve your circulation, creating a healthier you!"
Since my wreck and foot reconstruction in 1992, I've been very particular when it comes to tennis shoes, or any shoe for that matter, and I was a bit hesitant that these would feel comfortable on my feet. After researching, I discovered that the good folks at Skechers guaranteed the shoes or else I could return them to the company for a full refund. Well, you can't beat that now, can you? So last week I got my pair of Shape-Ups and after the first time I wore them to work, I was hooked. They felt like I was walking on a cushiony cloud. I didn't feel like I was going to fall off of them, and after walking about a mile and a half at work that day, I could in deed feel some difference in my calves and thighs. One good thing about these shoes is that the design forces you walk heel-to-toe, thus giving your leg and butt muscles a workout.
I got lots of compliments on my Shape-Ups, and heard a few people say they were going to order some. They come in pretty wide variety of colors, too. I recommend the Shape-Ups for anyone that does a lot of walking. Skechers Shape-Ups definitely get the TWIT Seal Of Approval.

1 comment:

rebecca said...

I totally agree with you that Skechers Shape Ups actually make you feel like you are walking on cushiony clouds! I was a bit apprehensive about them before i got a pair, i thought they would look really bad but they actually look good! They've toned up my legs too!