Tuesday, October 27, 2009

THAT'S Unconditional Love

The 'Rents got an awesome new king-sized bed today. Actually they've had the frame and all; today they just got a new mattress and box springs delivered and set up. As soon as I walked in the door from work, Dad told me to go back and try it out and see how I liked it, given the fact that I, too, am in the market for a new matress and box springs. Mom kept saying "It's beautiful" and I had to think for a minute "Now, she already had the bed frame - she's just getting a new box springs and mattress, so what is there to be 'beautiful'?" So like I said, as soon as I got home from work, I went back to their bedroom, where Mom pulled up the sheet and duvet to show me her beautiful mattress set. I will have to admit -it was in deed beautiful. It even had the pattern of the sign of the 'Ville, the Fleur de lis, on it. I hopped up on the bed, because it was quite a bit taller then their last bedroom set an laid flat out on it. Believe me when I tell you I could have just rolled over on my right side and went to sleep for the night. Yes, it was that comfortable. And you can bet that I, too, will soon be buying an identical new matress and box springs for my bed soon.

I got back up from the bed and we ate our supper, and as soon as Dad finished, he went outside to the garage and started on a project. He started building a little platform/stool for Mom to use to get up on the bed, since it's a tad bit too tall for her to navigate. Now, if that isn't unconditional love, I don't know what is. And he's still out there now putting the finishing touches on her little platform. If I know anything at all about my carpenter father, he's out there now sanding and smoothing it all down, making sure it's just right for Mom to use tonight.

No comments: