Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Boot Update Update

The mayhem continues with the snow boots, faithful readers. It started snowing this morning before I went to work, and when I left the house there was maybe 1/4 inch on the ground. I picked up my snow boots and packed them in my work bag and went on to work in regular shoes. The snow continued and by the time we were ready to go home, we had about 2-3 inches. About 10 minutes before quitting time, I decided to get bundled up and go out and start the Blazer and let it warm up while I scraped off the windows. I grabbed the left boot and attempted to stick my foot in it. "Attempted" is the key word. I pulled and tugged and it finally went on. As I was getting ready to pull on the right boot, I thought to myself "Damn - my feet sure have gotten big in the past couple of weeks." I picked up the right boot and as I was getting ready to tug it on, I looked inside and noticed an innersole. Just then, the light bulb went off above my head. Yep, you guessed it. I had picked up Mom's boots. I trudged on out, wearing the tight boots, and as I was sitting the Blazer waiting for it to warm up, I called home and when Mom answered, I asked her "Did you by any chance think your feet had shrunk today? She laughed and said "Did you think your feet had gotten bigger?"

When I got home, we both had a good laugh about it, and then she came up with a good idea to tell the identical boots (yes, same style and size, only my feet are a tad bit bigger and I've stretched my boots out a bit) apart. She found two black beads, and unlaced her pair of boots and slipped the beads on the laces and then laced them back up. Now we can tell them apart.

No comments: