Monday, January 24, 2011

Final Project Update

I am very happy to report that this morning I received an email from the university's Institution Review Board saying that they give full approval for my research project for my thesis. Yes, I've already started on the project, so you can imagine the huge sigh of relief that I breathed when they officially approved it. I'm not meaning to toot my own horn, no, wait - yes, I'm doing to toot my own horn for a minute because I deserve it. As of the time I'm typing this in, I've spoken to ten classmates so far who received emails saying that their research project had been declined, meaning they have to start back at square one with all of the applications, forms, and papers that we have to submit just to get approval to do this project. And their project is due at the same time mine is, meaning they've got three less weeks to work on it than I have.

Today, I started writing the required introductory section of the paper, and starting today I have given myself a two-page-a-day goal of writing for this project. Given what I've gotten done this evening, so far so good.

Thanks again for the the well wishes you, faithful readers, have given me. As always, I'll keep you posted.

No comments: