Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Sheriff In Town

When the radio alarm went off at 6:45 this morning, "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" was playing. I knew it was a good omen. Today was the day that I moved into my new office and took over as department supervisor.

All in all, it was a pretty good day. There was a bit of drama early on; I was very pissed off about it at first, but after calling home and having Dad talk me down, I was fine and had a great day.

One thing that made the day so great was the fact that during the move from the cubicle to my office, the new phone system didn't function as good as they originally thought. I didn't have any phone until almost time to go home this afternoon. Which meant nobody from the plant or office could call me.

Like I said, all in all it was a pretty good first day as a supervisor. I'm looking forward to many more days hopefully as good as this one. As always, I'll keep you posted.

No comments: