Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bring It On

Anyone that knows me knows that I'm not a violent person. Yes, I'm licensed to concealed carry (I can pack) but if you know me at all, you know that I an anything but confrontational. Well, until last night. Let me set the stage:

I wasn’t in a very good mood to begin with. In fact, I was in a pissy mood. I had stopped at Krogers on my home on a major snow eve, and the store was packed with everyone getting their bread and milk. For the record, I didn't need to purchase either one of those items. In fact, all of the items I purchased were merely comfort items.

I was waiting back at the deli counter to get some bologna (which was at the top of my shopping list) . The only other customer at the deli counter was a peroxide blonde, that looked like she just came from a salon -- a Real Housewives of Louisville.. She wanted some turkey and ham, and was very pissy toward the clerk working behind the counter. She told the clerk what she needed and kept changing her mind 2 or 3 times, making the clerk get back into the case and pull out what she wanted. Then she told her she needed to see the nutritional information on the back of the wrappers first. Never mind she had 11 boxes (I counted them) of assorted Little Debbie cakes in her cart, along with 4 big double boxes of PopTarts. I felt sorry for the clerk. She had already started slicing the woman's lunchmeat, when the Real Housewives lady spoke up. Here’s the transcript.

Real Housewife: You can just cut it thin, but don’t shave it. I don’t mean to be picky.
Me: Really?
Real Housewife: What?
Me: You don’t mean to be picky? You had the deli lady grab 6 different things of meat so you could read the labels and you don’t mean to be picky?
Real Housewife: I’m just concerned about what my family eats.
Me: I can see that, by the cart full of Little Debbies.
Clerk: HA HA (she actually laughed)

The Real Housewife didn’t say another word and started fidgeting and playing with her iPhone. She got the rest of her lunchmeat, moved a few feet down from the deli, and continued to play with her iPhone while I got my bologna. I'll repeat it again - I'm not a confrontational person, but if the bitch had made one move or said anything else, I would have taken her down.

No comments: