Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

New Year's Day is the day for college football fans, with every kind of Bowl game you can imagine. It's also the day for parades. Practically every city that is hosting a bowl game will have a bowl-game-named parade. We watched the Rose Parade this morning, and the miniature donkeys pulling a wagon was without a doubt our favorite thing in the parade. I also like the marching bands, and get a kick out of hearing the band version of pop and rock songs. I heard an interesting piece of parade trivia that I've just got share with you. What is the most played pop or rock song by a marching band in a parade or half-time performance? I don't think you'd guess in a million years. It's none other then "Brick House" by The Commodores. In fact, if you were watching "Dick Clark's New Year's Rocking Eve" last night you would have been able to hear Lionel Ritchie sing it live in Time's Square. But I have to say that we watched the entire Rose Parade this morning, and I did not year one band play "Brick House." I sure was disappointed.

1 comment:

Toots said...

"She's mighty, mighty"