Monday, January 26, 2009

Ice Storm 09 Eve

The first big winter storm of the season is supposed to hit later tonight, and everyone in the 'Ville is getting ready for it. The trucks have been out all day long spraying the brine solution on the roads, and the city dump trucks are filled with salt and ready to start spreading. And most importantly, the grocery stores are filled with people getting the required bread and mile.

As of 6:30 tonight, the National Weather Service is calling for 3-5 inches of snow, starting at about midnight, followed by up to a half inch of ice, and then topped off with 3-4 more inches of snow. We're prepared at The Compound. The snow blower is gassed up and sitting just inside the garage door, ready to be plugged in and let the electric start do its thing. Dad has his insulated coveralls and snow boots out and ready to put on so he can start with the snow removal. We have food for birthday dinners tomorrow (mine) and Wednesday (Dad's) so we're ready for the storm. And best of all, my dear friend and co-worker JW is going to pick me up tomorrow morning so I won't have to endure Mr. Toad's Wild Ride on my birthday. Well, I'll have to endure it while he drives, but at least I can just sit in the passenger seat and watch.

Tomorrow will be brutal for those out driving or clearing off driveways, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to it. I love snow - and snow on my birthday is an awesome present. Here's a little Puddin trivia I'd like to share with you -- if we get the snow they're calling for tomorrow, it will have snowed 44 out of my 46 birthdays, including the day I was born. All I can say is let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

1 comment:

Mystical said...

YAY!!! Another snow lover.
Happy Birthday! My 40th was on the 17th and it did not snow...I was very disappointed. I love for it to snow on my b-day. Back in 1994 when we had the big ice/snow event, it began on my b-day.