Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Biggest Loser Update

Before heading over to the VFW tonight for the weekly jackpot drawing, I stopped in our local 'hood Wal-Mart to get some provisions for the upcoming cold spell. Actually, I was getting some canned goods and seasonings for The Old Man's infamous Three Bean Soup. But I digress. During my twenty-minute time at the store, I encountered six very large people riding through the store on the motorized shopping carts. Everyone of them looked like they were totally capable of walking through the store instead of sitting perched upon a little moving vehicle, no mater how big they were. But once again, I digress. I don't know what their stories are, but I do have to say that it did make an impression on me tonight. Is this what our society has become?

On a personal note, in the first week of our Biggest Loser competition at work, I weighed in yesterday and am happily down 4.2 pounds since last Monday's weigh-in.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

An appropriate word would be "obese" and I do not limit this just to the individuals that have weight issues. Those individuals that have an inflated sense that they are supposed to be happy all the time and given whatever they want have an obesity of selfishness issue going on. MHO.