Sunday, January 11, 2009

Link Of The Week

Unlike most kids, I never had a lemonade stand in my front yard to make money. Instead, I took an artsy approach - I dug up arrowheads and flint rock from our garden and sold them. I actually made a few bucks from the neighbors that either felt sorry for me for selling rocks or they were impressed with my entrepreneurial spirit. Anyhoo, it was a way to make some money.

The internet today is full of people with the entrepreneurial spirit - all you have to do is look at eBay for proof of that. But there are tons of others out there on the world wide web selling something - whether it's a product or idea - in hopes of making some big bank. This week, I came across an interesting site from someone with the same entrepreneurial spirit that I had as a kid. Only it was an adult. A father has set up a blog asking for help in raising money to buy his kids a pretty expensive Portugese Water Dog. Now, I try to stay up on current affairs and things that are hip and trendy, but I have to admit I've never heard of a Portugese Water Dog. When I saw a picture of one, I thought it looked like a big poodle. But I digress. Check out
http://helpmebuyawaterdog.blogspot.com/ and you'll see what I'm talking about. This hard-working father wants to raise enough money to buy his kids the dog of their dreams. Before you click on any links or commit to anything, let me say that TWIT is neutral with this one -- I'm not telling you to click on the links in the site -- I'm merely posting this as a Link Of The Week because I think it's a very interesting concept. I hope he will keep us posted and let us know when he gets the $1500 he needs to buy the dog. Who knows? Maybe I'll make a similar site and try to raise money for the DaVinci porcelin veneers that I've been wanting for years.

No comments: