Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Biggest Loser, Season Two

I'm excited to report that yesterday marked the beginning of ZCO's second annual Biggest Loser competition. The same rules are in place as last year - teams of four will compete and the winning team will once again win a hefty cash prize, and the single biggest loser will win a $200 gift certificate to a local sporting goods store.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I put on a few pounds during the holidays, but as of yesterday morning I'm back to counting calories, cutting back portions, and continuing to pedal ten miles every day. My team is "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner", named after a very cool phrase that a contestant on this past "Dancing With The Stars" used to say almost every week. My team members JW, EO and Krazy K are as excited as I am about this, and I think the key that will help us be successful in this is acccountability. We stay in almost-constant contact through email, phone, or in person, telling each other what we had for our latest meal or snack, what exercises we did, and how much water we've drank. I'd venture to say that our team probably has the biggest support sysem out of all of the other teams competing; because, you know, that's how we roll.

As with last year's competition, you can count on me to keep you posted.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Good going! I watch BL last night too, who is your favorite team to date? I selected Daniel. I hope he'll be on the show for a good while so he can learn good habits. I think he'll be amazing when he reaches his dreams for improved health and what an inspiration to our youth!

Toots said...

Rock on Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!!!